Thursday, September 27

Fashionable Charities

I think I'd like to take the time to showcase a few charities that have been supported by celebrities. I think it's good to be knowledgable about a charitity before committing to one and it's important that all of your questions are answered before the final decision to donate. For that reason, many charities have website, phone lines, and available assistants to help you if you have any questions or concerns. They are very good about calming your nerves if you're concerned about your money or donation not quite getting to where it belongs.

In any case, A few charities also teamed up with celebs. to get the words out. They helped by creating merchandise that acts as a donation but gives the donator something back in return. I think it's really neat-- especially when this merchandise becomes a trend.


The ONE Campaign

The ONE Campaign blew up around last year when celebrities like Cameron Diaz, Bono, Jewel, and Lindsay Lohan jumped on the support train. They all sported the white rubber bracelet along with the ONE t-shirt. They are still available for "purchase" on the "donation/store" website if you're interested. The main page has a lot of useful information and suggests a great concept toward a good cause.


OmniPeace

OmniPeace was made popular through Kitson LA that sells the branded products online and at the boutique. Fifty percent of the sales of each branded product goes to extreme poverty in sub-Sahana Africa. Some people caught wearing OmniPeace merch. include Courtney Cox Arquette and her husband David Arquette. Kitson has products for men, women, and children. Check it out!


Invisible Children

Invisible Children is highly publicized by model/actress Zina Star. Much of her publicity using the Myspace-Method (as I call it) by posting bulletins and blogs about how to help with Invisible Children. She has also done promotional "parties/gatherings" in LA. They have a bracelet program that was installed to give jobs to poor people in Uganda to create products for people giving donations. Each bracelet comes "full circle" (as they say it) because it includes the story and hardship of a struggling child.


That's all for now.

If there is a charity or cause that you'd like to see up here, let me know! I'd love to include it. I think that charities and programs of all kind are important. Everyone needs a little help; even me.


Peace out!

No comments: